What are my responsibilities in the delivery process?
Once a delivery has been requested and accepted, you must have your items ready and loaded within 15 minutes of the scheduled pick-up time.
You have the responsibility to package your items appropriately to withstand delivery and will allow the driver to inspect the items for any damage prior to the delivery.
Unless you have requested that the driver help load and unload, you have the responsibility to both load and unload at the delivery location. Unless otherwise specified, the driver will help at their discretion.
You should check your driver’s ID to ensure it matches the information provided to you in the app.
What forms of payment are accepted?
Payments are processed through a third-party payment processor accepting debit, credit, Apple Pay, and Paypal.
Where do you deliver?
At launch, PonyEx will have the capacity to deliver in Salt Lake county and Utah county. We will always be expanding and please contact us if you would like deliveries in your area.
Can I ride with a driver?
No, you can never ride with a driver. However, you are free to caravan with the driver’s vehicle if you would like to help unload the items at the delivery location.
Is there anything I can’t ship?
You cannot ship Prohibited Items. Prohibited items are defined as follows:
- Any person or animal
- Articles of exceptional value such as antiques, heirlooms, extravagant furniture, fine art, jewels/jewelry, gold or other precious metals – generally items that are valued at over $2,500 areconsidered exceptional value
- Hazardous materials of any kind, including, but not limited to explosives, gases, flammable liquids, flammable solids, and/or poisonous or infectious substances, pool chemicals, paints and solvents, or anything designated by the Department of Transportation as hazardous materials
- Firearms, ammunition, or other explosive materials
- Goods for which you have reason to believe are illegal or stolen.
How do I know my items have been delivered?
When the delivery is completed, you will receive a confirmation text which will include a photo of the delivered items. After receiving this confirmation, you willbe prompted to leave a review and will be given the option to “Favorite” the driver as well as leave a tip if desired.
Do I need to pack up my items?
Yes, you have the responsibility to package items appropriately based on level of risk, fragility, and other factors specific to the individual item.
The driver can request that you open the packaging to inspect items before leaving with the delivery. The driver will inspect only the outside of New in Box items and baggage
What happens if my items aren’t ready when the driver arrives?
You will be charged a waiting fee every 15 minutes past the first 20 minutes of the scheduled pickup.
What if I need to cancel a delivery?
You can cancel your delivery for free anytime up until a driver has accepted your delivery and is on their way to your location.
If you cancel once the driver is en route to your location, or if you are deemed to be a “No-Show”, the following fees apply
- Pony/PonyEx delivery= $10
- PonyXL/PonyExpress delivery= $20
A “No-Show” is deemed in the following instances:
- If you are not present (1) more than 15 minutes after the agreed pick-up without contacting the driver or (2) more than 30 minutes after the agreed pick-up, whether or not you have contacted the driver
- In the case of a no-show, the driver will contact the Company who will determine if the driver will continue to attempt to complete the delivery or if the delivery will be Cancelled by the Company
Can I schedule a delivery ahead of time?
Yes, you can schedule your deliveries ahead of time through either our website or the app.
Will my driver help with loading and unloading?
With larger deliveries (PonyXL and PonyExpress), for an additional fee, you have the option of requesting the driver help load and unload. You will need to provide the additional manpower required to load or unload any items a delivery driver could not do alone. You always have the option to provide the manpower to load and unload yourself. If you are providing the loading and unloading manpower, you must be able to unload the items within 1 hour of delivery or a $500 Undeliverable Fee will be charged.
What are “Favorite drivers”?
Once you complete your first delivery, you will have the option of favoriting your delivery driver. You can request any favorited drivers in future deliveries and PonyEx will try to accommodate your request. Because our drivers are independent contractors who make their own schedules, they may not always be available, however, they will be notified of your request if on-duty.
Is my payment information secure?
Yes, PonyEx processes all payments through Authorize.net, a verified secure payment processing platform.
What if I have an issue?
If you have any issues during the delivery process, please contact email@example.com.
Can I have alcohol delivered?
Alcohol can be delivered when the recipient is over the age of 21 and is not visibly intoxicated.